got new sim for samsung a3 today code7890 not working any help on this please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim not unlock

Hi vinny12345

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing when trying to unlock your new SIM card. 

What is the phone asking you? There are a few different variations of what it can ask you for but as mentioned in the literature that came with the SIM, it usually asks for a SIM PIN which is 7890. Is the SIM card 4G ready? 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
vinny12345
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply 7890 didnt work so got sim unlocked now there is no servise i tryed to go on virgin network but says unaviable so dont know how to get on virgin now my other phone is dead as they transverd every thing over to this sim now got nothing it now says selected network virgin unavalable

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vinny12345

Thanks for the response, I don't understand what you mean by it didn't work so you got it unlocked? 

It's likely you need to activate your new SIM, you can do this by following the instructions that came with it, by visiting your [My Account] by clicking [here] or by giving our team a call on 789 from any active Virgin handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos