Menu
Sue50
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

sim card not working

Hi, my daughter hasn't used her mobile for months, she broke her phone, her grandad has given her his sony Xperia M4, but I've put her sim card in it and it's saying no sim card, could it have been deactivated because it's not been used for so long, her grandads phone was on contract with virgin so it's compatable, thanks x
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sim card not working

Hi Sue50,

it's possible, how long is it since a chargeable action was last made on this SIM?

If it's one of Virgin Mobile's latest Pay As You Go tariffs (i.e. the “Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk” tariffs). You need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once each 180 day period to keep the SIM active.

See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their Terms & Conditions:

3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

7.2 Suspension for other reasons: We may also suspend your use of the Services and disconnect your SIM from the Network without giving you notice if you, or anyone who uses your SIM:

(g) chooses not to use our Services within a 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message;

If the SIM is on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go","Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the inactivity period is only 90 days.

See clause 3.8 of the Old Terms and Conditions.

If the SIM is registered, you could call Virgin Mobile customer services from another phone 789 / 150 / 0345 6000 789. Give your name, the mobile number and account password and they will be able to look into it for you, perhaps send you out another SIM if necessary.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sue50,

it's possible, how long is it since a chargeable action was last made on this SIM?

If it's one of Virgin Mobile's latest Pay As You Go tariffs (i.e. the “Big Data & Texts” or “Big Talk” tariffs). You need to make a chargeable phone call or text message at least once each 180 day period to keep the SIM active.

See clauses 3.7 and 7.2(g) of their Terms & Conditions:

3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

7.2 Suspension for other reasons: We may also suspend your use of the Services and disconnect your SIM from the Network without giving you notice if you, or anyone who uses your SIM:

(g) chooses not to use our Services within a 180 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message;

If the SIM is on an older tariff such as “Original Pay As You Go","Addict” or “Simply 8p”, the inactivity period is only 90 days.

See clause 3.8 of the Old Terms and Conditions.

If the SIM is registered, you could call Virgin Mobile customer services from another phone 789 / 150 / 0345 6000 789. Give your name, the mobile number and account password and they will be able to look into it for you, perhaps send you out another SIM if necessary.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Sue50
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid,
Thanks for replying, my daughter's sim card hasn't been used now for at least 6 months, she's still got a couple off months before her contract ends so I'll ring virgin to see if she needs a new sim or not x

0 Kudos