Menu
handman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sim card in different phone

hi I have a contract phone with virgin media can I put my sim card into a virginmedia paygo phone? my phone is broke waiting to be repaired and wondered if I bought a cheap virgin pay as you go it would work

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim card in different phone

The sim will work ok in any phone, as long as the phone is unlocked to any network - also check the sim size slot is the same size :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Handman,

I hope you have been keeping well, you're certainly no stranger in the Community Smiley Happy

It's a shame to hear that the mobile phone is broken, is there any sign of fixing this?

I can see Teabag has mentioned and answer to your question and also, we'd like to know how you got on? If the mobile is locked please let me know and I can help.

Thanks and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
handman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I bought a cheap acatel phone from asda on virgin paygo and my sim works . my phone has not been repaired by virgin as its water damaged so not covered by warranty Smiley Mad so it has been returned to me and I still have a year left on my contract so stuck with the acatel for now

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Handman,

Cheers for coming back and letting us know about the phone, I know too well that it's never easy when phones break and it's along the lines of water damage. I am glad that you have been able to find a work around in the meantime and should you want to renew with us, it's certainly a good method to nab a bit of insurance in case life steps in again.

I hope that we can help with any queries in the future and please take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos