Menu
laurasavage
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

sim activation

i have my new sim delivered today (21/01/2017)

I cannot activate my sim. I used my old sim to text 'ready' to 789678. and the reply I received was, 'sorry, but were having a few technical problems and we cant do that for you at the moment. please try again later.'

I've tried this since 10am today, it is now 6:30pm. I cannot ring customer service as my old sim is blocked and my new sim is without service. I've also looked on my account online and it says my sim is being activated. but after eight hours I'm running out of patience. I have kids at home and I feel it is an importance that I have some sort of service. if anyone has any information as to how I can activate my sim asap I would be greatly appreciative. I've also tried the 'web chat' customer service but I cant seem to get hold of anyone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim activation

Hi laurasavage,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with activating your new SIM card. Has this been sorted out for you?

If your new SIM card still needs to be activated, you can do this by:

Or if you would like for me to look into this further for you, I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos