Menu
parketessa
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

setting up email on phone

Hi

I recently bought a new phone from virgin and I am unable to set up my email account on it. I set up the phone with a google account as it requests but when I try to add an account it cannot find the server. I have gone through all the instructions on line, have phoned virgin and eventually on the phone advisors instructions went to a virgin shop. I was greeted with 'we probably can't help you'. The advice I was given was to go home and change my email account to one the phone will recognise!. My account is an ntlworld.com account and I was told to change to a virgin media account. I actually have no idea how to do this and find it hard to believe it is not possible to get my email on my phone. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: setting up email on phone

Hi parketessa, 

Welcome to the community!

I am so sorry to hear that you’re having difficulty adding your email to you device. If you don’t mind I will ask some questions just to help me work out why this will not add on for you.

• The ntlworld email address that you are using, is still attached to an active virgin media account? 
  • Can you log onto this mail box via a laptop, PC or tablet's internet page, but entering in both email address and password manually?
  • What device are you using?
  • Have you tried to add the email address into one of the other email apps for example the Google Mail app?

I look forward to chatting with you soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
parketessa
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i can access my email via my laptop by entering email and password. i think I have tried to put email on phone by adding account to google.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi parketessa

Just wondering how you are getting on with getting your email account on your handset.

The fact you mention having a Google account I assume it is in android device that you have, if this is correct try using the suggestions in this thread to try and get it to set up.

Hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
parketessa
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you . That seems to have solved the problem

0 Kudos
vjharrold
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to set up my blueyonder email account on my new Samsung J3 phone, but the instructions are not the same as what appears on the phone!I have tried through the email app and the google mail app but nothing works.

My gmail account set up with no problems.

Where is ot going wrong?

0 Kudos