Menu
Ashiroth
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

service outage in AL7 3 area since 2015Jun06

Hi for the last two days my phone has had no signal or the occasional single bar of signal. This has caused me to lose important calls. I tried searching for a page that shows if there is a signal outage in any area but couldn't find one for Virgin Mobile. Could anyone please advise if this is a known problem in the area at the moment or if there is somewhere I can check?

Thanks in advance,

Ash

0 Kudos
Ashiroth
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: service outage in AL7 3 area since 2015Jun06

As an update to this post, I think it is definitely something in the area rather than the phone because another family member's phone on EE is also experiencing the same issues. The signal seems absolutely fine when the phones are taken less than a mile away into the town centre but around this area it is dead.

Can anyone advise me on how I can raise this directly with virgin media or if there is a way to check if this issue has already been reported?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
sallyw24
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here - AL7 3 area - ust back from US, support giving me some rubbish about "corrupted sim" - replacement sim no different, no signal, can't receive of make calls - what in god's name is going on? No one at support will do anyhthing other than keep resetting phone, and after hours today and yesterday just cut me off when insisted wanting connecting to tech support
Ashiroth
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apparently there is a problem with EE signal in the area after speaking to some others nearby who use EE. When they rang EE they were given a free signal booster for their house.

I'm going to get my partner who has EE to call them and see if they can provide a signal booster for my house. I will update this thread on my progress although it won't help anyone else in the area with the problem (well unless you are my next door neighbour I guess!)

0 Kudos
Ashiroth
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Service is restored the day that I called EE - they confirmed they had a problem and were working on it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ash,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you've had no mobile signal the past few days.

I've been able to check the mast status on EE systems. I can see the masts by Queen Elizabeth II Hospital and also Panshanger Drive have both been affected by a fault. These appear to be operational again.

I hope there'll be no further issues but if there is please post back here and let us know.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos