Menu
holdinfoldin
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sd card saying removed unexpectedly

hi all i get the 'check back cover' when turning on phone and then get told @sd card removed unepectedly'  returned to virgin who for some reason firstly removed the glass as they said i sent it back with 'backlight problem' when i informed of sd card problem they sent it back to me supposedly repaired wialbeit with glue all around the screen and screen not in place properly. within 5 days same problem with sd card, sent back to virgin again who kept the phone for roughly 7 days then returned saying phone fin must be my sd card. purchased a brand new sd card and same problem has occured again virgin response is it must be an app problem, back up download software update and do factory reset then one by one put apps back on leaving 72 hours between each app until i find app that is causing problem, if i do what they suggest it will take me several weeks or more. what i don't understand is why on putting in new card there was no problem for 3 weeks. has anyone had similar problem.  thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sd card saying removed unexpectedly

Hi holdinfoldin,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the SD Card error message.

In order to provide further assistance I'd need some more information. Could you please answer the following questions:-

What handset do you have?

Have you tried searching on Google for a solution?

Have you had the error again since you did a factory reset?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi holdinfoldin,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the SD Card error message.

In order to provide further assistance I'd need some more information. Could you please answer the following questions:-

What handset do you have?

Have you tried searching on Google for a solution?

Have you had the error again since you did a factory reset?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
holdinfoldin
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi thanks for reply  the phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5, i have googled and a lot of the information i have found suggests it's a hand set problem which virgin deny  othe suggestions are that's it's an app causing the problem.  i have sent the phone back to virgin twice and both times they say there is not a problem with the phone,i've done the back up/factory reset each time before the phone goes back for repair makes no difference i put yet another new sd card in the phone just before christmas and i am back to square one 'sd card unexpectedly removed' message. since asking the question on the forum the phone now does not recognise the sd card atall.

0 Kudos
holdinfoldin
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

quick update....................again did back up software update then factory reset, phone will not reconise my sd card neither will it recognise my wifes sd card but my sd card is recognisable in my wifes phone so i am stumped.  to add insult to injury my phone is now nothing like it was before factory reset and still no joy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi holdinfoldin,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry to hear it's still happening. You have me stumped too I guess.

If you're still having the issue with:-

• New SD card
  • Multiple factory resets
  • Latest firmware update
  • No apps on phone at all

Then I can only assume there is a problem with the handset or the card reader (especially if it is no longer recognisable). I have an S5 too but I've never had this issue.

Have you tried visiting a Virgin Media store? They may be able to provide further assistance. Apart from that I'd definitely recommend another call to technical support.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
holdinfoldin
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi rich thanks for reply

i have just sent the phone back to virgin for the 3rd time it's till not recognising my card , apparently they will fix it again if i then get the problem for the 4th time they will issue a 'like for like'.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos