Menu
linT
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

samsung phone

I have only had my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime for 2 days yet have a problem.  Once the screen locks out it has about a ten second lag before it responds to touch.  Can you advise?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: samsung phone

Hi linT,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

Sorry to hear your Samsung phone seems sluggish.

I'd like to help you out with this.

Was it sluggish straight out of the box?

In the 2 days you have had it have you started installing apps. These can use up the phones RAM which in turn can result in a sluggish response.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
linT
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Thanks for responding.  i did d/l apps but have also bought a data card and inserted that. I have moved any apps I could onto that which should resolve the Ram problem but it still freezes after "sleeping"  for at least 10 seconds.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi linT,

Thanks for getting back to meSmiley Happy

You've pretty much done what I would have tried to eliminate this issue. Looking at the spec of this phone it's pretty good so I would think the symptoms you've described shouldn't really occur.

It may be worth looking around on Google to see if this is a known issue or a common fault although the search I just performed didn't find anything of note.

Another option would be to call our mobile team on 789 or alternatively on 0345 6000 789 so we can take a further look at this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
linT
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I did ring them before posting here and was told to buy the data card as it is the RAM which was causing it....when the problem persisted I posted in here -)  I will, however, ring them again tomorrow and see what happens. I will let you know what their response is.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi linT,

Thanks for letting me know.

I think its the best option for you to call as you've pretty much done all you can with regards to this. As you've mentioned you've also followed the advice given by our mobile team.  As it is still sluggish after following those instructions I think it needs to be looked at again for you.

Speak soon.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried booting the phone into safe mode, this would eliminate any of your downloaded apps causing the problem
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-145011/
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
linT
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have tried touching and holding the power off button until safe mode shows but that doesnt happen....will ring them tomorrow..thanks anywaySmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi linT,

Thanks for keeping in touchSmiley Happy

It's disappointing to hear what we suggested didn't work out. Hopefully the mobile team will be able to sort this for you.

Speak soon.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
linT
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I rang them today and after being passed over to four different people (having to explain the problem to each one) I spoke to the tech team.  I did a factory reset and was told to see how it went and to ring back in 24hrs if the problem still persisted,. it still persisted if not a little worse than before lol  So I rang them back and eventually got someone who arranged a replacement phone for me that is coming tomorrow -) So I just have to insert my sim and hopefully..all will be well. Fingers crossed -) Thanks again for your helpSmiley Happy

0 Kudos