Menu
epsmr
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

samsung galaxy core prime

got the samsung galaxy  core prime  at Christmas   working on android 5:1.1 

smart call wont recognise - shows as not connected   any idea's ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: samsung galaxy core prime

Hi there epsmr, 

Thank you so much for coming back to us on this, and confirming that your phone is indeed connected to the WiFi. 

I've taken a look at things from this end, and can see no reason why this service should not work for you. I have a few things I'd like for you to do. 

As you are an Android customer, the way the app looks for you is different ever so slightly to my phone, however I've just borrowed a colleagues Samsung Gallaxy S6 so I'm hoping that the layout is similar to the one you are seeing. 

On the top of the app, you will have the word SmartCall, and to the right of that you should have three dots in a row, please click on this, and then click on Doctor. 

A new page will open up and some tests will run, allow up to ten minutes for these to run. 

Should all the options have a green tick, I'd like for you to remove the app off the phone, then reinstall. 

However should any of the ticks not be green, please let me know what goes on. 

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi epsmr

I just want to confirm you are on WIFI and you do have a Virgin Landline package with Virgin

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi epsmr, 

Welcome to the forums, it's always nice to see a new face Smiley Wink 
I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing an issue with the Smart Call service, and the information that Lee_B has given is spot on.

The not connected message will show if the phone has no WiFi connection - I've just double checked this myself on my phone. Smart Calls can only be made on a WiFi connection. 

I guess you do have a Virgin Landline, as you need to enter these details in order to set up your Smart Call app. 

Please let me know if you're still getting an issue when connected to a wireless connection. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
epsmr
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Huw

Thanks for your reply

Yes have Virgin Landline & Talk unlimited  -  Wi-Fi is switched on  on mobile  still shows as  not connected

Regards

0 Kudos
epsmr
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lee  yes talk unlimited  and WiFi on

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there epsmr, 

Thank you so much for coming back to us on this, and confirming that your phone is indeed connected to the WiFi. 

I've taken a look at things from this end, and can see no reason why this service should not work for you. I have a few things I'd like for you to do. 

As you are an Android customer, the way the app looks for you is different ever so slightly to my phone, however I've just borrowed a colleagues Samsung Gallaxy S6 so I'm hoping that the layout is similar to the one you are seeing. 

On the top of the app, you will have the word SmartCall, and to the right of that you should have three dots in a row, please click on this, and then click on Doctor. 

A new page will open up and some tests will run, allow up to ten minutes for these to run. 

Should all the options have a green tick, I'd like for you to remove the app off the phone, then reinstall. 

However should any of the ticks not be green, please let me know what goes on. 

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Huw

Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For any iOS users who may be looking to this post for help, the three dots are on the bottom of the app, and will have the word "MORE" written underneath. 

All other steps should be the same. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
epsmr
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

Thanks for reply - when I tap on the three dots  the drop down is greyed out - tap on doctor tells me I'm not connected to WiFi

I've uninstalled and reinstalled -  same thing

Regards

0 Kudos
epsmr
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw
further to earlier
decided to uninstall app   unplugged computer & router started from scratch - reinstalled  app   rebooted  now pleased to say up & running -  Thanks for your help   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Congrats epsmr

glad its all sorted Smiley Happy and your welcome

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos