Menu
flathead
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

samsung galaxy 5

anyone else having problems with this phone.

My wife has already sent her phone back to virgin a couple of times and they send it back saying theres nothing wrong with the phone.

Whenever the phone is charged the screen goes blank. The only way to get it back is to put it in the fridge for 30 mins!!!!

Virgin "technical" staff have told her not to load any aps on the phone to see if that cures it.

Its a smart phone!!!!!!!!!

Virgin have been absolutely useless in sorting this out. My wife suffered a stroke last year and needs her mobile to be able to call me home when she has problems. This phone is going in the bin and my wife and i are both going to be swapping to another phone provider.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: samsung galaxy 5

Hi flathead

sorry to hear that you are having problems with your handset

I could certainly say that putting your handset in the fridge could pretty much wipe your warranty out. If any part inside of the handset gets moisture or liquid damage then the warranty would go out of the window.

If the handset is not turning on when charging. Have you tried to update the software on the phone? Also if the phone went off to the repair centre. What did the repair centre say when they rang you ?
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
flathead
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

With regards to invalidating the warranty for the phone, thats a complete joke, the phones warranty isnt worth the paper its written on

I bought this phone for my wife after she had a stroke so that she could contact me at any time when i am out of the house. It has failed completely to fullfill that role. Virgin have been worse than useless at resolving the issue. My wife and i have been virgin mobile customers for several years but as soon as this contract is up were off.

I phoned the virgin support line again today and after explaining the situation as best i could. Your support staff are incapable of diverting from the script they have been given, and were no use at all. I'll just keep on putting it in the fridge until we get another phone from another phone provider.

have you resolved my problem?

wot do you think?

After 2 visits to your "technical" support guys the best advice they could give was "Dont put any apps on the phone and see how it goes".

Genius!!

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi flathead

The warranty is provided by Samsung. Feel free to contact them and go through the warranty process. Im sure they would be more than happy to have a look at this for you.

Im sure they would also confirm that putting the handset in the fridge isn't the best of ideas if the phone isn't working to is correct level.

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
flathead
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sold me a phone which was not fit for purpose.

They should resolve it.

Being told at this stage that Samsung would be only too glad to help is something i should have been told the first time we had an issue.

Can i just thank Virgin that although you are totally incapable of resolving issues with my wifes mobile, you have awarded me a star for getting involved in your chat room. The world is a better place.

I bet if the bearded bloke had issues with his phone you wouldnt keep telling him he could only use the call or text facilities on his phone.

Dont bother replying to any more messages, the thought of being awarded another Virgin chat room star would just make me too emotional

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi flathead,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I deeply apologies for the troubles you're having with the Galaxy S5. I can understand your concerns as it's your Wife's handset and such a simple task like charging should be fault free.

I'd very much like to help with this problem but require some more information first. Could you please answer the following question:-

Do you notice the handset is really hot when it is charging?

When you say the screen goes blank, do you mean the handset switches off?

Does the handset freeze up during normal use?

Is it running the latest firmware version?

Has the handset been factory reset?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
flathead
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The handset gets warm when charging not hot.
The phone does not switch off the screen goes blank and the phone is not use able.
The phone has been factory reset twice when it has been sent back to virgin.
The advice from the technical team was not to load any apps on the phone.
I assume it has latest firmware as has been back to virgin twice.
The phone always freezes when charged and also freezes during normal use.
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi flathead

I would definitely recommend sending it back in to Virgin . It does seem a concern if the phone is getting warm when charging and the fact that the phone screen seems to disappear when being charged. Its clear that is a massive inconvenience for you and I hope it gets resolved soon

Did you speak to Samsung and get a second opinion?

0 Kudos