Menu
jamie_forman
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

s3 mini not registered on network

Hi

I have an error on my phone when trying to make a call, it says "not registered on network".

I have tried the various turn it off and start again options found on the forums but it doesn't seem to make any difference. 

I've tried selecting a network via the settings but that hasn't worked. 

My wife is also on virgin mobile and has no problems. 

I can't really understand it as nothing has been changed to affect my phone settings.

Any help please?

Jamie

0 Kudos
carolinejane
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: s3 mini not registered on network

Snap, I have exactly the same problem, it appears my SIM has just stopped working, there is no problem with the phone only my SIM, and it has been out of action for at least 24 hours now, I too have tried rebooting and going through the settings but no luck. My daughter is on the Virgin network too and has no issues, we swapped the SIM cards in each others phones so I know it is my SIM.

I have had this number for 10 years now and really don't want to change numbers.

I hope that one of the tech people can fix this.

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Did you by any chance apply a ROM (or upgraded the firmware) to the phone recently?

Dial *#06# to get the IMEI (mobile phone identifier or serial number) and check if it's a valid one that matches the number on the back of your phone (underneath the battery). If they don't match then the phone is at fault and needs fixing.

A fake IMEI will start with 0049xxx. Some ROMs can corrupt the IMEI, which is stored internally in the phone, and when that happens only a HW repair can fix it.

Also, did you migrate from another network to Virgin Mobile? Namely, from LycaMobile?

I have this problem: I can make calls and send texts but not receive them. I was told by customer support that there was some sort of conflict from previous LycaMobile subscribers who migrated to Virgin mobile. Silly thing to happen, really.

My post is here: Not able to receive calls. It has not been solved yet by Virgin mobile :-(

Your problem could be a consequence of the same network error, since your phone and SIM card seem to be fine...

0 Kudos
jamie_forman
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi both,
Thanks for your replies.
I've not upgraded the rom or migrated in, so no idea really. Also noticed that it's chewing through the battery - 90% drop overnight compared with the usual 10%.

All just another nail in the coffin of my liklihood of renewing the contract in a couple of months!

Jamie
0 Kudos
carolinejane
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No I have had this SIM card for over 10 years, not recently migrated, everything else is absolultely fine on the phone purely the SIM not registering on the network.

Getting very annoyed now as my 11 year daughter was trying to contact me last week to let me know about a change of collection point after school and of course didn't get it so was waiting elsewhere and starting to panic, but it's fine, she walked home in the rain don't panic was only the best part of an hours walk for her. I'm sure someone at Virgin mobile thinks it's perfectly acceptable for that to happen!

carolinejane
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes my phone is going through battery like wildfire to, I can still access my wi-fi (not provided through virgin media anymore as got totally fed up with an overheating modem and lack of quality service both from telephony agents and the actual service received)

jamie_forman
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

After about 45 minutes on the phone to a helpful chap in virgin tech support it would seem that it is a dead sim card causing the problems. Mine was over 10years old apparently... New one on its way, hopefully that will solve the problem....?

0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Only virgin upgrading their systems and not blaming ridiculous things for their problems, will solve things. I left virgin media because of constant issues and appalling 'customer service'. Hard to believe but their mobile service is even worse, bye bye virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi CarolineJane,

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with the sim card. If you've had it for that long, it's very likely that this is causing the issue. Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll be sure to get this replaced for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you've got a new one on the way Jamie_forman Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on with this.