Menu
reembortcosh
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

roaming is switched on but phone still says no service abroad

I am abroad and my roaming on the manage my accounts was already switched on but phone is still saying no service.  what can I do?

0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: roaming is switched on but phone still says no service abroad

You are not alone, there are many, many posts about this. Despite setting up etc people STILL cant use their phones abroad.

I suspect that as Virgin probably has limited coverage abroad from their own network they would have to rent airtime from the established networks, which obviously they are reluctant to do. This is the only reasonable explanation in my humble opinion, unless of course you know differently?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: roaming is switched on but phone still says no service abroad

Hi reembortcosh,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear you're unable to use your phone abroad.

Even though it shows active on your account it may not have gone live on EE's platform. You can try resetting it via your online account.

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. A green message will appear. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

If you continue to have problems, and you can get to a phone, then please call our support team on +447953967967.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos