Menu
ashley1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

rewards missing no help and no more value adding up over a year!

Back in dec2014/jan2015 I had £90 red rewards, by Feb 2015 it dropped to £20. I phoned virgin and spent hours with no reason to why this had happened.

Several weeks went by and more phone calls and then they said go to your'e nearest virgin shop and speak to someone they will be able to put your'e rewards back.

So I did and that was 50miles from home! same thing you will have to speak to our manager who was not there that day, so again I had to drive 50miles again, same rubbish again we will sort it and some one will contact you never did by phone or email.

Now a year on after topping up my phone regular I still only have £20 rewards what a scam unless this is sorted 5 of us are going to move network provider. I just don't know what to do about it all i'm still using a phone i got 5 or 6yrs ago half the thing doesn't work now spent money on top up's and have no rewards mounting up towards a phone again.

So it's like this had £90 rewards £70 disappeared leaving £20 rewards with no answers or reasons for why! a year after still topping up still have only £20 rewards. Any Idea why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: rewards missing no help and no more value adding up over a year!

Hi Ashley1974,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm not too sure why this has happened. I want to look into this for you. So I can do this, are you able to PM me your full mobile number, name and 3 characters of my password.

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the send me a message option.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley1974,

How are you getting on with this? Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ashley1974
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update is no change. on the 01/03/2016 still only £20 rewards. it gets to a point when people give up when they see no change!

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When I was reading up prior to changing tariff a year ago I got the impression that unused rewards expire after 24 months. Comments on other forums suggested it as so but never found confirmation in the T&Cs, though.

0 Kudos
ashley1974
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never was told about expiring points! but still had no points mount up over 13months after £70 vanished from my rewards if I was told they were going to expire I would have upgraded from an very old phone now!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashley1974,

I've just replied to your PM regarding this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i am having the same problem... i WAS going to contact them to queery this and the fact that they have no phones available to use your rewards on...

Having now been reading through others post's regarding this i am NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME!!!! Seems you can't even email them anyway... They probably got overwhelmed with complaints so stopped the option..

I have just ordered 3 new sim cards from another network provider and will be snapping up my virgin sim, along with my girlfriends and daughters (also on virgin)  just as soon as they arrive!!!! 

That is a FIVE YEAR customer with FOUR accounts GONE.... Not that it will bother such a large company, but if more followed suit maybe they would start working on their customer care... which at present doesn't seem to exist!

I'm quite shocked at all the issues and complaints and the treatment of their customers that i have seen since my issue arose.

0 Kudos