Menu
Hunter1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

reduction of bill / end of contract

I have a mobile contract and at its end I am moved to a 30day rolling contract. This is fine but I have not taken my upgraded handset as I was unable to get the handset that I wanted. I have now purchased a handset and am trying to get a reduction on my bill as this now does not include a payment for a handset. Virgin staff I have spoken to are not able to answer my query it appears. Any ideas who to talk to, to get my bill reduced?  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: reduction of bill / end of contract

Hi Hunter1,

you could try giving the Upgrades team a call on 0800 183 1150 they may be able to assist you.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Hunter1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I will try them tonight and let you know how I get on
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK. Your contract has come to an end and you have your own phone.

In that case it would certainly be cheaper for you to switch to one of the SIM only packages.

0 Kudos
bromham
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All the mobile networks make vast profits from people who allow contracts to continue at full cost after the term has finished.  The thing to do is to ring VM ASAP and give them 30 days notice that you want to terminate the contract.  Then, as suggested, take out a SIM-only contract at a much reduced rate and arrange to move your number to the new SIM.

0 Kudos
Hunter1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have a number of contracts as I'm partners and daughters is in my name. I have been with other providers and this was an automatic process. Luckily my daughters contract has just finished, and this was not an automatic case. I am in the process of sorting this out with VM, but will put a reminder on my calendar for the others. thanks

0 Kudos