Menu
jtj1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

receiving access codes from companies on the web

when Im signing up to different WEB services they will often send me some kinda 'access code' to my mobile and ask me to enter the code in the website I guess as a security measure. well the problem is the last few times ive tried (everything from amazon to the HMRC) I never receive the code on my virginmobile nokia phone. Ive tried turning off parental controls and premium call barring but nothing seems to work??

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: receiving access codes from companies on the web

Sometimes it's not the fault of the provider, it could be a fault with the host server which sends the code, it could even be a delay in the network itself that can't be avoided..

I myself have had this issue with numerous different providers and sadly it can't really be helped.

Just try request the code a few more times, just incase it sends them all at once.

By all means try and have someone look into this though, I may be wrong.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jtj1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks Jake, its not a delay because out of the last four separate attempts over the period of a few weeks not one code has arrived.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay, and this is through separate companies sending access codes too?

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
jtj1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes, spotify, HMRC and Amazon are the ones that come to mind.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Strange..

Out of curiosity, have you tried sending the access codes to another number, maybe one that is on another network that belongs to someone else, just as a test to see if it comes through?

Other than that though, I'll have to leave it to the Forum Team to discuss further with you, they will have a much better idea of who to point you to in terms of getting this resolved, although it's most likely going to take a phone call.

The only thing I can think of is, VM may be blocking the SMS as they're company numbers in an attempt to stop spam!

---------

0 Kudos