Menu
Jon12345
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

"You're out of data!" - are you sure??

I just logged into my account to find I am out of data. That is strange since I have a Data Allowance that says Unlimited. So what gives?

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: "You're out of data!" - are you sure??

I don't think Virgin do an unlimited data service, but I do know people who are on that sort of service pay upwards of £60 per month

0 Kudos
Jon12345
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It says so on my Overview screen. I pay £22pm for unlimited everything. But it says I am out of data which is odd.

As it happens, I just bought a OnePlus 3T and it got delivered half an hour ago. I am moving from my Samsung Galaxy S5. But I have hit a problem! The S5 uses a Micro SIM and the OnePlus uses a Nano SIM. So, I will need to change the SIM anyway. So maybe its time to also switch tariffs.

I am tempted by the 2500mins+4gb data for £15. They can send me the SIM in the post but that then beggers a couple of questions.

1. If they send me a new SIM, is there data that is left on my old SIM that I will therefore lose?

2. If they send me a new SIM, can they send me a nano SIM so it fits my new phone?

3. I presume I get to keep the same phone number, yes?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon12345,

if you upgrade your tariff to one of the new 4G ones, Virgin will send you out a new triple cut "multi SIM" which you just pop out to the correct size to fit your device.

You can activate it when you receive it. Your same mobile number and remaining tariff allowance will transfer.

Your new "upgraded" 4G allowance will kick in at your next refresh date.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Jon12345
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does my existing SIM store only my phone number details, or does it have contacts etc? I am worried about losing data when I switch over SIMs.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jon12345 wrote:
Does my existing SIM store only my phone number details, or does it have contacts etc? I am worried about losing data when I switch over SIMs.

Hi Jon12345,

you may have some contacts stored on your SIM but this is not really advisable especially on modern phones.

It will depend on your settings. Have a look at the contacts info' on your device.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Jon12345
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New SIM on its way! Just need to work out how to find if contacts are on there now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jon12345

Hope it’s all going well with your new SIM. You can check whether you have contacts saved to SIM on the Galaxy S5 by following these steps:

• On the main screen of your phone select Contacts.
  • On the screen that comes up, on the top right hand corner select the Menu icon, it looks like three dots one on top of each other.
  • When the menu pops up, select Settings, then Contacts.
  • Select Import/export.
  • Select Import from SIM card then Device.
  • If any contacts come up at this point, these will be the contacts saved to your SIM and from here you can transfer them to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos