Menu
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"SIM locked"

I just got sent a new sim to activate 4g this morning... The sim is coming up as "locked", and asking for a pin to unlock it. But i have not been given any pins or details to unlock this other than to go to my virgin mobile and "activate sim" which has already been done straight away, and it's been locked all day now. and not i have been sat online trying to get online chat ALL day. Which is a complete Joke considering it's 'OPEN' Times for live chat. Why give the option for live chat if for the WHOLE DAY attempting to online chat its 'busy'... I can't use the other option to CALL AS MY ONLY WAY TO CALL IS FROM MY VIRGIN MOBILE WHICH IS LOCKED!

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: "SIM locked"

SIM unlock pin = 7890
It should be written on the letter/card that came with the SIM?
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thyreth,

the SIM pin for 4G SIM cards is 7890.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Thyreth
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes that worked thank you, but no NOTHING in the evenlope etc from the post i got, I looked though the little booklet, word for word... then checked all of the plastic bit that the sim was attactched to nothing.. just telling me "size matters" xD
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At least my upgrade SIM, had the SIM unlock code provided in the letter :-). No provisioning pin was included though :-(

Virgin want these codes kept so secret, not even us customers who need them are allowed to know them. lol
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos