Menu
ldyte1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

"Emergency Calls Only"

789 - says sim is active.

Tried sim in 2 devices.

This is my 4th sim, tried each one in at least 2 devices and always says the same thing.

I have EE coverage in my area.

Was told yesterday that there were problems in my area(this is over 24 hours now, so I would expect the problem to be fixed). According to EE's website this should be fixed now. Regardless I have being trying to connect to the network over the past week.

I'm out of of options as far as I can think. I've spent over 2 hours on the phone to 789 and seems like nothing else I can do, at least what I can think of that's why I'm posting here for other people's views and help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Emergency Calls Only"

Hi ldyte1

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your SIM.

It's a few days since you posted now - are you still having this issue?

Please let me know if I can still help out.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ldyte1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: "Emergency Calls Only"

Yes this has all been resolved now. Finally. Took long enough, 12 days. It was resolved on 4th Sunday. I resolved it after 30 minutes on the phone with 789. It was something to do with the network which the customer service agent helped me fix by calling EE technical team. He said they had a update on there network but it wasn't applied to me. So they applied this update and told me to restart the phone and boom, it was fixed. I can't remember what exactly the problem was I remember it was either something 3 letters long called like, "fsb, fwb, wfb, wsb" something along the lines of one of those. If you know what I'm talking about please tell me, I would like to know! Plus other people (new customers or contract customers) might have this same problem. Knowing the name of the problem might help to faster diagnose and/or resolve it.
0 Kudos