Menu
geriann
Superfast
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

questions about Virgin Mobile [contract] when on holiday in the EU

my parents are going to Ibiza & they're taking their Virgin contact Mobile with them.
i know Ibiza is considered as part of the EU, which is good because of the recent roaming changes. however because of those changes i'm unsure about some things.

while my parents are in Ibiza...
*if i text my parents will they be able to read my texts? is that free?
*if they text me [in England on a Virgin Contract] will it be included in their monthly allowance? or how much will it cost them??
*if they phone me will it be included in their monthly allowance? or how much will it cost them?
*if they need to phone a UK mobile do they add the 044 that you have to add onto UK landline numbers? or would they just dial the usual mobile number?
*they wont be using the internet while they're abroad. To stop their mobile using data while they're abroad do i just switch "mobile data" off? should i switch "flight mode" on? should i do both of these? if i do this for them do they still need to tell Virgin Mobile they're going on a 1 week holiday?

thankyou in advance to anyone who answers this post Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: questions about Virgin Mobile [contract] when on holiday in the EU

Hi Geriann,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to answer your questions regarding Roaming!

It's completely free for your parents to receive texts.

A text will be charged at 2p Maximum.

Calls will be 4p a minute maximum.

They should be able to dial the numbers as they are but a +44 may sometimes be needed to call Smiley Happy

Switching Mobile Data off will be absolutely fine. Flight mode will prevent them from receiving any calls or texts. I would recommend they call us on 789 or 0345 6000 789 before travelling so we can make sure that roaming is enabled.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know