Menu
gbman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

question on 4g and sim

i have a sim only deal and i was wondering if took out a new 4g plan online will they send me a new sim card with the same number as i have now or a new number? ,also the roll over of data - if i use 500mb on one month then 500mb will roll over to 2nd month  if i use 500mb again on 2nd month will 1 gb be rolled over to the 3rd month etc ?, thanks for anyone answering these questions for me in advance.

gbman

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: question on 4g and sim

Same number new sim, no free 084/087 numbers you pay for them again, it does rollover data if not used so if you only use 350 out of 500 the next month you have 650
0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: question on 4g and sim

I'll defer to J0hn on the first part (as I've never done an upgrade online) but my gut says if you want to upgrade a current contract make sure that is what you do; I wouldn't want to just rattle through from the sales page and end up with a new contract with a new number and still also have the old contract as well.

Rolled over data is used before the regular data allowance and expires at the end of the 'month'. Also, promotional data doesn't roll over, which is something to bare in mind for any future special offers.

I guess you're looking at the 1GB of data. In normal circumstances the maximum you could roll over is 1GB. So, using round convenient approximate numbers here's an overly wordy example for clarity - The 1st month you use 750MB of your 1GB allowance, the remaining 250MB rolls over. The 2nd month you have 250MB rolled and 1GB allowance, you use 500MB, the first 250MB uses up the rolled data the rest comes from the allowance leaving 750MB at the end of the month to roll over. The 3rd month you have 750MB rolled and 1GB allowance, you use 500MB, this comes out the rolled data leaving 250MB rolled and 1GB allowance at the end of the month, the rolled data expires and the remaining 1GB allowance rolls over. The 4th month you have 1GB rolled and 1GB allowance, you use 500MB, the remaining 500MB of rolled data expires and the remaining 1GB of allowance is rolled over...

- was reading the website last night.