Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9 (352 Views)

promises promises

Well.... after the reply to my email to Virgin's CEO and the subsequent telephone call promising to sort the issue of new phones to use your rewards on, that are displayed as being in stock but they are not, and the promise that this issue will be resolved..... Guess what??? Nothing has changed!!

The phones are still displayed as in stock, you go to buy one.... OUT OF STOCK!!!

When you said the this problem "will be solved as soon as possible" when exactly is "possible"??

It's as simple as ordering stock!! I can order one from "o2" and get it THE VERY NEXT DAY (which i have been forced to do) yet it seems a big company like Virgin can't??

I think it's going to be goodbye Virgin and hellO2 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9 (313 Views)

Re: promises promises

Hi Keithparker2011,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome back Smiley Happy

I would like to mention that the CEO office for complaints can sometimes range from a few days up to 28 days in accordance to procedure we follow, however this is usually substantially less time to resolve.

I can look into this for you and give you what information we have here but would need some additional information before doing so. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9 (236 Views)

Bump

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9 (233 Views)

Alright, just thought I'd go back and check how this has worked out (I had to buy a phone off amazon in the end ebcause this was broke last summer)

So off to https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/upgrade/getNewPhone

15 out of 23 are already sad-faces with out of stock notices

Out of the 8 remaining, all, ALL, that's, ALLLLLL, say "out of stock" when you click the 'buy now' button. All of them. ALL

You getting that? ALL.

So NO phones are available to PAYG customers. And this has been almost a year, despite this guy getting a guarantee off virgin it was just an IT oversight.

Let me repeat that for Virgin:

NO PHONES

FOR. OVER. A. YEAAAAAAR.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9 (191 Views)

Hi orfc

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issues you're purchasing a new handset with your upgrade bonus.

I can confirm we do have a number of Pay As You Go phones in stock.

I'm not sure that page you linked to is still being updated. Could you let me know how you came across it? Does it link from within your online account? If so, could you post a screenshot of the page it's linked from? (Please take care to ensure no personal information is included) and I'll get this looked into.

There is a selection of phones you can use your Crave balance towards. If you speak with our sales team on 789 / 0345 600 0789, we can take a look for you.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9 (166 Views)

There you go -->

nophones.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9 (132 Views)

Hi orfc,

Thanks for posting the screen shot. I've forwarded this to our back office support to investigate. I'll be back in touch as soon as I have more information for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9 (82 Views)

Hi orfc,

This issue has been escalated and our technicians are working to resolve the problem. Apologies for the inconvenience this causes. 

I'll be back in touch as soon as I receive an update from our support team.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Forum Team
Message 9 of 9 (21 Views)

Hi orfc,

We've raised this with our support teams, who have advised that they are working on this. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos