Menu
jgt1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

poor service- bad signal- trying to complain- HOW DO YOU GET TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT???

Hi

I have had an ongoing issue with poor signal and my calls dropping off for nearly 6 months now.

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for 10 years plus and this issue has only happened for the last 6 months. I work from home and my mobile is pivotal to my job.

I have spent HOURS and full days onto the technical department/customer services etc and cannot get any resolution, so distressing is the whole process it genuinely  made me quite ill with stress before Christmas as it is effecting my business and my sanity .I have had to go to the doctors as a result, such is the distress it is causing me. This may sound pathetic but this is impacting massively on my working life, costing me money daily , credibility and many many wasted man hours. The dismissive nature of Virgin staff, me being told repeatedly the signal issue is my imagination coupled with being told there is no way I can speak to anybody in management as quote " it is not Virgin medias policy to allow customers to speak to management or a resolutions team". I have NEVER EVER experienced such shoddy customer service and lack of contempt for a customers

On one call I was told to drive where there was a signal so the customer services team could hear me, I did, drove 2 miles from my home where I knew there was another mast, literally sat in my car under the mast, and called them back. I then got told they could here me fine, there was therefore no issue! I feel like I am in a perpetual nightmare and am going insane!

On the 28th November after sending endless emails with examples of my poor signal /issues as requested by the technical team in Swansea following endless earlier phone calls I was told the EE the mast provider in my area for Virgin mobile would test the signal and was promised faithfully somebody would come back to me...they haven't...and I am sure they won't. The most comical excuse I was given by a call centre operative was the  reason for my poor signal is because I insist on using my mobile inside a building!

If  I drive a mile or so from my house the signal is fine, there is a signal issue where I live, it isn't the phone, it isn't my imagination, I have had to restart my phone every 20 minutes today in an attempt to get any network coverage

I still on average get to complete one call in about 20 without signal being dropped or me actually being able to hear people fully on the other line. However because I HAVE to continue using this phone as 12 years of business contacts know me on this number I persevere. I have been told by Virgin that because I keep using my phone that proves there isn't an issue!

I don't want anything for free, I just want my phone to work and to be able to complete a call without broken signal, and as I have repeatedly stated if Virgin cannot ensure a good signal and I have been told cannot release me from my contract- I don't know why my phone is not fit for purpose, it is as useful as a car without wheels at least let me reduce my contract to the min a month so I can see incoming calls on the phone, get another phone with another provider and use that to dial out.

There must be somebody who can help me and I doo not believe that there is no resolutions team or senior manager not able to speak to me.

I will not make another palpitation inducing call to the overseas call centre, I want to speak to somebody with true authority that can discuss options and help me get resolution form this living hell

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor service- bad signal- trying to complain- HOW DO YOU GET TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT???

Hi jgt1968,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with the signal in your area. I want to get this all sorted for you.

So we can look into this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking on the purple envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jgt1968
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor service- bad signal- trying to complain- HOW DO YOU GET TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT???

Hi Matt, there is no PM. I made a nuisance of myself on the Facebook page on Friday and also in desperation I  contacted a senior manager via Linked In. That resulted finally in a call back this morning from the CEO complaints team.

However I have just been informed that due to the fact I have continued using my phone...I HAVE TO..I have 10 years worth of business contacts on my phone who know me on this number, Virgin mobile are providing me with a service, I've to go away and see how I get on for the next 3 months , oh by the way there is a mast out in my area with a fault, but I am still using the phone so there is no issue as you have other masts.

So YET AGAIN I am being told its my imagination, there isn't an issue and pretty much sod off!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jgt1968,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I've definitely sent you the PM regarding this. Please respond to me through there and we'll do all we can to get this sorted for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos