Menu
sue8
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

poor phone signal in house

I've been with Virgin mobile for years and have always had occasional problems with the 'ordinary' phone signal in our house (thick stone walls, rural location). However, recently this has deteriorated a lot. Someone told me about in-house boosters. Is that available with Virgin? Are there any other suggestions? I'm resorting to using wi-fi only in the house.

My post code is GL15 4ED

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor phone signal in house

Hi Sue8

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the recent deterioration in your mobile signal at home.

I'd recommend taking a look at our [coverage checker] to see if there are any issues in your local area at the moment. Have you had any changes to your mobile recently? New package/handset etc?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sue8
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig

The checker seems the same as usual - low/moderate coverage. No change since February on the handset, although I have been using it mostly with wi fi since then. I now need to use it to make calls, and have discovered this issue. Nokia Lumia 630.

Sue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue

Thanks for getting back to me, we want to manually connect your phone to the Virgin network to check how it goes.

To do so, could you try the following please? I've searched these steps for your device so they might be slightly different depending on your phones OS Man Happy

1. Find " SIM settings"
Slide your finger down the display starting from the top edge of your mobile phone.
Press ALL SETTINGS.
Press mobile+SIM.
Press SIM settings.

2 - Select a network manually
Press the field below "Network selection".
Press search for networks.
Your mobile phone searches for networks within range.
Press Virgin and let it connect

I'd love to hear how that goes, 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sue8
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK Craig, i've done that thanks.  I'll see how it goes now.

0 Kudos