Menu
beernuts
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

poor mobile/network signals

The signal strength in Solihull is really poor.

I keep getting a lost signal message on my galaxy s4 mobile I have to wait for the phone to reconnect and this happens two- three times a day..

The internet is really slow, I have tested this using the speedtest. Net app.

Please help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor mobile/network signals

Hi beernuts,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're losing signal in Solihull currently. So we can look into this for you, are you able to PM me your full postcode?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the option for private message.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
beernuts
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor mobile/network signals

B90 3ht thanks
0 Kudos
beernuts
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Really poor network/internet

Hi

I recently spoke to virgin customer tech services and Mat on this forum regarding my mobile network informing them how poor the signal was in my are(Solihull).

They both informed me that masts in my area were undergoing work and that was their cause of my poor mobile network service.

This has been going on for about a month and a half now which is extremely frustrating when I cant even get a proper signal at home IE; calls or mobile internet.

Why am I paying for a service which can no longer supply me with what I am paying for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really poor network/internet

Hi beernuts,

Thanks for bumping this thread. I'm sorry to hear your signal is still really poor.

I've managed to check the masts in your area with the postcode supplied and these all seem to be operating fine. No faults have been reported in the last 72 hours.

When was the last time you spoke to technical support?

Do you get a better signal when you step outside your property?

Do you get a circle with a line through the middle when you lost the signal?

Please let us know and we'll provide further assistance.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
beernuts
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich

I spoke to technical support about a week and half ago.

Yes I get the circle and line through the middle and I have to re-register on the virgin network.

It wasn't like this a a couple of months ago. I could get a decent signal any where in my house.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi beernuts,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

The system I used to check the masts says they're all operating as designed. There's nothing I can see to say work is ongoing. The technical support team may have access to another system that I don't.

We can never guarantee a signal inside the property because the structure may impact the strength of the signal or other devices which may be installed etc. This may not apply to you but could be something to bear in mind.

I'd definitely recommend giving the team a call again to see if they can provide you with an update. Dial 789 from the Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos