Menu
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

picture messages

I often  have 40 pence   charges   on my bill   for  pictures   that are not included  in my tariff,  but I DO NOT   send pictures   any one    else have this problem   or know why ??????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: picture messages

Hi colinfriend,

your phone may be converting an SMS (text message) to MMS (picture message) and you will receive the 40p charge accordingly.

There are a number of instances where this can happen.
Click here: How to stop text messages being sent as MMS (actually an O2 support page) to find out more.

You may be able to alter the settings on your handset to prevent or at least limit this from happening.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for taking the time  to answer   my  question,  but  neither of these   scenarios  are  applicable to me,  it just seems a scam  for  virgin to take more money from me,  unfortunately  I have not kept  a log of my calls or texts  but i can assure you I will be doing that in future.   cheers   

0 Kudos
CraigToomey
Settling in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem when I changed my phone number.

I was sending my new number to five friends at a time and was charged 5 X 40 pence each time.

After contacting the Virgin help line I was told that if ever a text is sent to more than one number the iphone considers this as a picture message and Virgin takes advantage of this and charges the customer 40p. per number. 

However, if you have an android phone you can send a text to all your contacts and they are considered as individual texts and not charged, depending on your tariff.

I was never told this when I got the phone from Virgin, and speaking a number of sales people, in the Virgin tel. shops, they on't know either.

If you complain firm enough they will take it off your bill.

Hope it helps.

orn with the 

0 Kudos
colinfriend
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok but this is not the case with me
0 Kudos