Menu
DavieO
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

picture message charges

I have 5 picture charges on my mobile bill none of which I have made, one is to a number in the USA a number I do not recognise. Help please

[MOD EDITSmiley Frustratedubject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: picture charges

Hi DavieO,

have you sent any long text messages or texts containing emoji?

These will often get converted by your phone from SMS (text) to MMS (picture message) and you will be charged accordingly.

With regard to the USA number this is usually indicative of a message being sent to an email address rather than a contact number.

There is quite a lengthy thread thread on the subject here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Picture-messages-to-the-USA-that-I-did-not-send/td...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

DavieO
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nothing in the text that could be seen as a picture. Not a very long text. Can anything be done about these charges.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DavieO,

have you sent any long text messages or texts containing emoji?

These will often get converted by your phone from SMS (text) to MMS (picture message) and you will be charged accordingly.

With regard to the USA number this is usually indicative of a message being sent to an email address rather than a contact number.

There is quite a lengthy thread thread on the subject here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Picture-messages-to-the-USA-that-I-did-not-send/td...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

DavieO
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Nothing in the text that could be seen as a picture. Not a very long text. Can anything be done about these charges.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi DavieO,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry to hear you've been charged for five picture messages you haven't sent. I appreciate it can be a shock when this happens.

As AlexKid mentioned, it doesn't have to be a picture as such. They could also be a text message which was sent to an email address. This happens if your contact has an address assigned to them.

I'm afraid nothing can be done regarding the charges if the text messages were genuine. If you feel they are not genuine then please call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos