Menu
1Raymondo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

phone status says that my phone is unknown

How can I get my LG G4 phone to show my number in settings, about phone, status.  All it says is unknown.  It still works I make and receive calls OK

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone status says that my phone is unknown

Hey 1Raymondo

Thanks for taking the time to join us on the community. The LG G4 is a great handset but looking into it, it does not appear to have an option for manually changing this setting.

This can be an issue with either the handset or the SIM. If it’s the handset I'd recommend backing up the contents of your handset and doing a complete factory reset.

If it continues then it’s probably SIM related in which case give our team a ring and we can get a SIM replacement sent out for you. We can be contacted on 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from any Virgin landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

Hope this helps but let me know how you get on.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1Raymondo

Have you recently had a new SIM card from Virgin?

I've just put in a new Virgin 4g SIM, and my phone has done the same as yours - lost the phone number in the settings. Motorola G4.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
1Raymondo
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will have to leave Virgin. I had a lg g3. the sim was unknown I now have a g4 the sim is still unknown Virgin sent me a new sim  it is still unknown, this means that abroad it cannot register on a network, it hasn't worked in Greece Portugal or this week in Spain. I think I have suffered enough.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1Raymondo wrote:

I will have to leave Virgin. I had a lg g3. the sim was unknown I now have a g4 the sim is still unknown Virgin sent me a new sim  it is still unknown, this means that abroad it cannot register on a network, it hasn't worked in Greece Portugal or this week in Spain. I think I have suffered enough.

That's got me worried now. lol

I've always had reception OK (apart from data playing up) while abroad, if it don't work next time I'm away - I'll know why !!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos