Menu
deaddog
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

phone keeps crashing

Hello, there have been similar post to this.

i have just switched from o2 to virgin mobile sim only, the problem is when i put the V/M sim card into my phone, switch it back on and then select virgin it then shows a "sending" screen and crashes my phone. it then restarts and and does the same again. the longest it has stayed on is about 6 minutes. i have rung 789 and managed to ask them to port over my old o2 number.

i recieved a tx at 11:30 this morning saying    "we're just letting you know we're all done porting your old number to your new mobile,so you're free to get stuck in. Welcome aboard!"  

I rang my wife  but the phone restarted before she could answer it, but the call showed the virgin sim card number not my old number. Rang my house at about 17:30 this also showed the V/M number.

Called 150 from my house phone and spoke to the help desk, i was told my number had not been fully ported yet and would take another 24 hours. not a lot i can do about that. 

I switched the phone off and put my o2 sim back in switched it back on and the sim card now has limited use, meaning they have port my number to the V network.

Left that sim in for over 30 min,   phone never droped out once.

Switched it off removed sim card then switched it back on without any sim card in. left it over 30 min and again phone didn't drop out at all.

Switched it off again replaced the V/M sim switched it back on and within 1 min it crashed. i have tried removing the battery but when it is switched back on it crashes again and again....

my phone is a Samsung Tocco Lite GT S5230 and is about 5years old.

sorry if this turned into a rant

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone keeps crashing

Hi deaddog,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced problems with getting your phone to work with your new Virgin mobile SIM card.

Checking this, I can see that you have called in to make further arrangements.

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
deaddog
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you,

I think my phone is just a bit to old and can't handle the  software that the new sim needs to run.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suppose the phone could be faulty,  but it's not because it's too old for the SIM. I would backup the phone using the O2 SIM and then perform a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi deaddog

I just wanted to check back in and see if you've managed to make some progress on this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos