Menu
colmarsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

phone data

grandkids got hold of my phone now data not connecting to network everything else ok

Samsung core prime

any ideas anyone tried factory reset that not worked help plzzzz

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: phone data

If you run your finger from the top of the screen down is mobile data enabled?

0 Kudos
colmarsh
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes data enabled but nor receiving any says not connected

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi colmarsh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've got no mobile data.

To be honest I find it hard to think they could have done much apart from turning data off. But then again I don't have kids so not sure exactly what mischief they can get up to Smiley Happy

You've already confirmed mobile data is turned on and a factory reset should have cleared any settings they may have unknowingly changed.

I appreciate you said everything else was okay but just want to double check. Does the handset show 'Virgin' as the carrier? Can you make/receive calls? If you can't then it's possible the SIM card has been unmounted.

Failing that, you could download the settings again to your handset. All the instructions on how to do this can be found by selecting your handset here.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
colmarsh
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks tried that data on everything else works calls text but try to open any web page just comes back no network connection

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi colmarsh,

Many thanks for coming back to me. I'm disappointed that hasn't worked. I have something else I'd like you to check please.

If you run your finger down the screen from top to bottom you will see 'Mobile data'. If you press and hold that it will then open up the data settings.

What is the 'Access Point Names' showing as?

What is the 'Network Mode' showing as?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
colmarsh
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi rich

thanks for the help so far

it says network mode LTE/WCDMA/GSM

and network virgin

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi colmarsh

LTE/WCDMA/GSM in English is - 4g / 3g / 2g / ( which is needed for data ) . That setting is fine.

can you try this please?

from the home screen APPS > SETTINGS > TAP MORE NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > ( ensure the tick is in the data connection box ) If its un ticked, TICK IT and then try the connection

if its not working continue these steps

from the same steps as above APPS > SETTINGS > TAP MORE NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > ACCESS POINT NAMES :

In here you should have INTERNET . top corner there are 3 dots , click this and then tap reset default

go to the main menu and try the connection again Smiley Happy

FINGERS CROSSED

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos