Menu
Dekkaja
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oxygen8

Virgin has to take responsibility for oxygen8, it is illegal, if you have not entered into any agreement with oxygen8 how can they just embezzle your money without virgin's support? Virgin make money from oxygen8, lots of money as oxygen8 has the plan and virgin has access to our numbers and info this i an insider scam.  I am suing. Join me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: oxygen8

normally it's an app you installed that does this, typing oxigen8 into google shows other mobile company customer have the issue

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Community-Feedback/Oxygen-8-communications-scam/td-p/241593

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dekkaja, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems with oxygen8 at them moment. I imagine you are referring to premium SMS charges so take a read of this thread I posted earlier and see if it helps you out in any way.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Mobile/Premium-SMS/td-p/3258458

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
Dekkaja
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Mike I was already aware of how  a premium number works I am a computer technician and web designer. Here's my problem I didn't enter a competition I never do. I called virgin who gave me to text 66299 to stop them charging me money. the text does not work neither does the phone number they gave me. Now can you see the con? How many people do not know that small amounts are being added to their bill? It's a straight up con they use these companies  to increase profits. I would not be surprise it Virgin covertly sponsors these con merchants. They do not even want to stop it even though you call them. Virgin is suppose to take care of its customers, instead of giving our information to companies like this then refuse to stop them robbing us. When the judge asks virgin if I informed them and requested that oxygen8 was embezzled my account they refused to stop them accessing my account, then dropped another con on me by providing contact info they know is not kosher why because other peel have been dealt with in the same way. If virgin does not sort this out then I will go public and take legal action. Here's what virgin did. This is the second time virgin has been trying to defraud me, shortly after I sorted that out then this almost instantly, its how virgin con people we are unaware most of the time but add it up. All oxygen need is your email, phone number name and address and they have another sucker £4 each month from a million people and there you have it they sit back and cash in £4,000,000 a month how much of that goes to virgin. I have not had this problem with any other phone company but virgin, one after another, what next will they be giving out my credit card details to increase their profit line? This is corporate identity theft. I have had nothing to do with Oxygen 8 then I find out virgin assisting them by handing out information it knows to be false where are the ethics? I am on a £9 a month contract had no trouble at first then I noticed on my bank statement that they had been drawing over £50 a time form my account, they claimed it was cell phone data downloading after 12.am funny my cellular data is turned off. They said they would deduct it from my bill so I waited for the new bill it never came they suspended my services instead, when I call them they then told me the bill which was £32 had now risen to £79, I asked how? Then they told me about oxygen8 gave a text to end to stop them how can I when my services are suspended? See the con now, suspend my account so I cannot stop oxygen8 crediting my account and all teh tie virgin gains precious income. It so clear that a court will have no trouble seeing through this. I was suppose to pay my debt to virgin not oxygen8 whom i have no agreement with. How did they get my information? Virgin who benefits form this con? Virgin and oxygen8 they are conning old people who do ot know and who do not persue them due to their limited knowledge of technology, in fact virgin will do nothing no matter how many times you call them That's way I will persue this matter to the very end for those who cannot. If virgin does not sort this out I will build a Facebook site, twitter site, you tube site, posters, flyers, a full on onslaught of negative publicity so everyone will know just how virgin truly operates, the affect on share price will be vastly more financially than the con they conspired to play on me the problem is I found out and I know just how they done it I am a computer and network technician. They do not have the any thought of us but money anyway they can get it growth has meant they use illegal methods hidden by a depth of techno speak but clear to me I will lay out how the con works, it cannot work without the help of virgin who has our details which should not be handed over to third party. Listen to the many people who have been conned they never contacted oxygen8 or took part in any competition yet are billed by virgin on oxygen 8's behalf. It's illegal folks watch and wait for watchdog the news headlines etc. I told virgin I have never entered any competion nor have I heard of oxyge8 before virgin introduce the to me whne they told me they where taking money from my accoun to give to them as if its normal practice to give premium call customers access to our info, simple they make millions by this con do not e fooled thsi is th tip of the iceberg if tehy had never chose my information to hadn over to oxygen 8 then it might of gone on longer. Parliament will be looking into this. I er refused to pay y bill only oxygen8 but virgin insists in collecting payment for them even if they know oxygen8's actions are illegal by knowing this they have committed a crime fr hey have been informed but til seek to profit from illegal activities, money which virgin will have to pay back to every customer conned by oxygen8, They are liable how else do you imagine oxygen8 gets to our accounts if we have formed no agreement with them. Its not crazy a well known financial institution in the USA has just been fined many millions for the very same thing signing up people to ghost accounts they knew nothing of. 

0 Kudos
Dekkaja
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oxygen8

noticed sums of £50 had been taken from my bank account, I rarely check my statement so it was a suprise as I am on a £9 month contract. Firt tey said it was cellular data I was surorised I use my homw internet to connect, so I truned celluulra data off. It carried on so thsi time I wodered what they would say, now its oxygen8. I agrred to pay virgin bu not oxygen8 with whom I hve never entered inot any contract. Virgin susenfed y account then gave me a text nuber to stop oxygen8 continuing to bilm efor money I did not owe them, The text des not work the phonenumber they gave ne to stop the billin gdoes nt work. Virgin kow this an dits the isgn of any con company yet instead of teh custoer omes first virgin was wlli got suspen a customer for refusing t pay another company. Strange but true one can nly assume Oxygen8 has closer ties to virgin than may first be assumed. So any con merchant acan bill your account at virgins, they put only allow it they protect thses cn merchant becasue they make money from them. Think is I am computer and network technoiin I know how they do it. Only virgin has he information and technology to assist oxygen8 in this con unles they have been hacked which they want to keep secret. My mother is 89 she is not well an dhas a emergency box direct to the hospital I am the carer for my mother whom I cannot call to ask if she is well or needs assistance, I am a single parent now I cannot call  my daughter or her school. Virgin cares very little for its customers. Virgin will not except me paying my bill unless I pay oxygen8 then they suspended my account becasue I refuse to oxygen8. They take £4 a month or what ever they chose to bill you and virgin assists them, fully, even if they have to lose customers so imagine how much they are making from premium numbers of companies who are using covert means to embezzle monies from virgins customers. Virgin profits from these illegal activities so does nothing, get rid of the customer. Virgin is handing over our private details to companies such as Oxygen8, where else dd they get my details? I have not entered any competition, I never do, I am a qualified full stack web designer I know how it all works so I am not the unwary customer that can be fobbed off, no computer or server is 100% secure its impossible someone has accessed virgins and they are trying to keep it quiet to the extreme of suspending customers accounts for not paying companies like oxygen8 now can you not see? Oxygen8 is worth more financially to virgin than its customers what about our security? One court case am virgin il have to pay all those customers oxygen conned, as they have been notified that this company is using illegal means to gain revenue from virgin customers and virgin does nothing amazing but true. I have entered no competition so explain to me virgin how did oxygen8 get my info? I gave you my details in trust  and all other laws that protect my data, yet this trust must have been broken you have given my details to a third party to profit form. This will go as far as the commons committee hearing, its unbelievable in this day and age when we are fighting against scammers, hackers and conmen on the net and virgin is in cahoots with them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dekkaja, 

Thanks for your reply and sorry about the frustration this is causing you. 

I have taken onboard the comments you have made and I would like to supply you some information in reply to what I read. From what I understand there are 2 main areas of concern. 

First was in regards to what we do with you personal information so I love for you to have a read of our Our Security and Privacy T&C's

Secondly if you believe it is fraudulent activity then the Premium SMS guide mentioned you can get in contact with the Phone-paid Services Authority who regulate the Phone-paid service providers. 

Hope this helps you further but if I have missed anything then let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks 

Mike

0 Kudos