Menu
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

number port wont change to new number on contacts or voice mail.

Hi I changedvmy mobile contract from orange to virgin mobile, I got new sim from virgin gave my pac code from orange to virgin to transfer my old number across, I got a txt saying that it was all done, but although yes my number has moved over and I can ring from it txt from it everything works, but when I got to contacts and look up my number the old virgin number that came with sim is still there and also because of this the default voicemail number trys to ring the old virgin number that came with sim? The phone isnt an iphone so I cant manually change it, virgin said it would change by midnight tonight but it hasn't?  Ive tried a factory reset, put sim in two phones and yet when I goto my number it still shows the old number not the one It transferred over how do I get it changed? ?.? The number apart from that has moved over if I ring it or txt it from another number it shows its been transfered because my number comes up.

anybody help? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: number port wont change to new number on contacts or voice mail.

Hi Madmanx,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that the number on the phone is different. I can get this sorted for you.

To get this fixed, you'd need to factory reset the handset. You can do this in Settings > General > Reset.

I'd suggest backing up the phone using iTunes on a PC before doing this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I tried factory reset my phone, didnt work, virgin mobile sent me a replacement sim and now under contacts my own number isnt there? I spoke to vm mobile for over an hour and he admitted he didnt have a clue? So they sending me another sim card, other sims I put in same phone shows the number straight away but this sim doesnt? My phone is a nokia lumia 530...... ive read about a network refresh sorts problem Whatever that is, I told advisor about that and again he didnt know anything about it? Is there anybody within virgin mobile that has technical knowlage?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madmanx,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

Sorry for any confusion aused on my part. I mis-read your original post!

Let me know how the new sim does once you've received it. I want to get to the bottom of it for you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madmanx,

Do you have any further updates on this?

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos