Menu
johnpringle99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

not enough space to update

Hi

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3

I am notified regularly that my device does not have enough space to update apps.  Last time it happened I checked, the update needed 124MB and my phone had 485MB available space. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: not enough space to update

Hi johnpringle99,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile storage. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnpringle99,

Thanks for getting back to me via PM. I'm sorry that you're still experiencing a problem with your handset storage preventing your app update. 

Does performing a soft reboot help with this? If you haven't tried this already, just remove the battery for 10 seconds then reinsert it back into the phone. Next, power the phone back up. This will remove any temporary files and free up internal memory space.

If this doesn't make a difference and you're still getting the low storage notification, I would suggest deleting unused apps from the phone and/or also clearing your app cache on the apps (not all apps will allow you to clear the cache).

To do this: 

Go into Apps > Settings > Applications > Application Manager > View all apps > Tap the app (going down the list) >  Clear Cache (if available).

Next thing to try is to add a memory card to extend your storage and move apps here. We also suggest running through our online Phone Fix diagnostics with your handset. You can find the link here: Phone Fix.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
johnpringle99
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Thanks for your reply. I regularly delete stuff and clear the cache, and this allows the update to proceed.

However I shouldn't have to do this.  If the update needs 124MB and I have more than this in available space the update should proceed automatically. Any ideas?

Thanks - John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

What was the result of running through our online Phone Fix?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos