Menu
btspain
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

non recognition of my phone

My mobile number is [Mod Removed]. According to Virgin it does not exist. neither does the email where they send my monthly bill nor does the post code to which it is registered exist and the password I have used does also not exist. I cannot connect via phone as it has been cut off since yesterday and the numbers given to call from another phone also do not apparently exist or certainly do not answer or are permanently engaged. As I also cannot contact Virgin via the web site does anyone have any ides. This is also the second time I have posted this message to receive a message to the first asking me to post it again for help. I wonder why I unconvinced that anything is going to happen

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: non recognition of my phone

Hi btspain

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us via the forums about the roaming issues you have been experiencing with us.

My apologies this was an issue at the time of your post.

I can see from your account that you have contacted us which is great and the teams have talked you through how to activate this.

On a Pay Monthly mobile package, the roaming is automatically set to off for all customers. You do have to call before going away to activate this with us and need to give us at least 24 hrs notice to enable this to activate fully.

You should also have this activated via your Virgin Mobile Online Account

You can find out more about roaming  for future reference on the handy sticky on our forums. Roaming

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
btspain
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No your answer did not help. Your technical team gave me a new set of resolutions which also did not work. It will not work with orange or Vodafone. I am now back in the UK and I am still not getting emails on my phone. Your whole operation is a travesty  and you are undoubtedly in breach of the sale of goods act in that you are charging for services you do or cannot provide.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi btspain,

Apologies that the suggested steps to resolve your issue have not been successful. 

In order to access your account and look into this further for you in order to fix this problem, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Alternatively, please contact us via WebChat: Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
btspain
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No thanks I am fed up with calling and getting no resolution and I still keep not getting roaming, am told my roaming is out and when I phone to renew ( your message number does not work) I am told I have over 100 hours of usage left. Your systems are probably the worst in the world and your whole operation is technically in deficit. I would cancel now but I am sure you have highly paid legal teams who will involve me in many wasted hours if I try not to pay for a service I do not receive. Your company is a disgrace.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos