Menu
susanneblue
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no signal

hi,

have been on the forums last month.

i have the samsung galaxy S4 and my husband the S6 both of us do not receive a mobile signal in out home, yet our daughter with and Iphone does.

i was advised last time that the mast in our area are not working correctly, we have had no signal in the house for months now basically rendering out phones useless and unable to receive calls or text so we are paying for a service we cant use. i get prefect signal outside and in other peoples house so it not my phone, my husband gets no signal at work at all so his is basically useless all the time apart from when travelling between work and home

my husband has contacted customer service several times which we have went through all diagnostics and all is ok, they have sent new sims stating a faulty batch this made no difference, they again did diagnostics and now want to them sent away for repair! and they are going to supply us with basic handset no touch screen to use in mean time which isnt acceptable!

my phone is over a year old and husbands is brand new, and we used to receive a signal no problem.

so for months now we have not been able to use them at home which is where people do spend a lot of time.

we really want to cancel as Virgin are not keeping their end of their contract

what can we do?

0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: no signal

Seems weird that you have 3 virgin sims and 2 don't work in your home, have you tried your daughters sim in your phone and your sim in hers to rule out a sim problem? you could also try factory resetting yours and your husbands phone?

Virgin are keeping their end of the contract, as your daughter has a signal so they are providing the service that you are paying for...the signal is there, it's just that your phone for some reason isn't picking it up!!!

Good luck in getting it sorted.

0 Kudos
susanneblue
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As stated already tried new sims, yes my daughters phone which is paid for separately receives a service, but our phone didnat one point also 2 phones cant go faulty at the same time with the same issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Susanneblue,

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your signal on 2 phones. I want to get this all sorted for you.

Are you able to PM me your full postcode so I can make sure that there are no other issues in your area?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
parajack
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ahh apologies, just read your post again, so both your phones work out of the house but not in it, so it may be a software problem in your phone.

You could try turning the 4G off as Virgin don't use 4G:

It will be something along the lines of: Settings and network connections, more networks then network mode, change from lte/wcdma/gsm to wcdma/gsm the signal should go up which may get you a signal within your home. 

The above is an easy to try fix, if it doesn't switch it back to what it was on before.

OR you could try this which will reset your phone to factory settings:

• Open Settings and scroll down to the backup and reset option. Towards the bottom of the screen, tap Factory Data Reset.
  • Confirm that you wish to perform the reset and press Reset Device.
  • Your phone will now be restored to factory settings.

0 Kudos