Menu
bobcatbob
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no signal at home

Before I signed up for a bundle deal including mobile I checked the area cover and found it to be "good" which was the same as my O2 provider, so I agreed to the bundle and kept my number and all went smoothly until I used my mobile at home... no signal. I checked the coverage map again but this time zoomed into where my house was supposed to be. I discovered that the actual pointer was in a field about 500 mtrs away and not  at my location. Read the small print and it says that the accuracy can't be guaranteed, 500 mtrs is a large error however on google maps and I can place a marker exactly where it should be.

I have the smartcall app which is connected to my virgin landline phone but I've paid for a mobile signal that doesn't exist in my home. So if I can't send or receive calls and text from my home I'll have to ditch the virgin bundle and go back to O2.

Is there an app to overcome my problem?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no signal at home

Hi bobcatbob,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile doesn't support calling over WiFi.

Also SmartCall is no longer available. It closed earlier this year: www.virginmedia.com/smartcall

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No app. O2, and 3 do an app and EE use native wifi calling on some of the latest phones. But as you don't have a signal then EE is a no.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bobcatbob,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile doesn't support calling over WiFi.

Also SmartCall is no longer available. It closed earlier this year: www.virginmedia.com/smartcall

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No app. O2, and 3 do an app and EE use native wifi calling on some of the latest phones. But as you don't have a signal then EE is a no.