Menu
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 1 of 38
Flag for a moderator

no internet coverage??

Have a Blackberry Z10, on a pay monthly Blackberry tariff.

Been OK, until yesterday PM, when phone reported, 'unable to establish a with wireless data connection current internet VPN' and the large 'H' and blackberry logo have vanished from top of display area by signal strength?, replaced by small 'h' and signal strength bars??

Have done a reset, but does not solve the problem..Battery pull has no effect either..

Very late  last night, it came back on of it's own accord, and seemed OK. 

Now, this morning, again, same thing  has happened, went to bed, all OK, this morning,  Hub message same as above. Reset no go, battery pull, no go..

Further investigation via blackberry hub says' APN activation failure, please reset the APN : Network cause code 29'

Phone allows calls, & texts but nothing else??

phoned 789, (and waited and waited, as usual!) but they are not a lot of help. suggested I reset phone, when told that does not work, told to try a battery pull. no further help available apparently.

Phone worked well for weeks until now??  Need to get this sorted quickly by someone who knows what thew problem is please!!  phone requests the username and password provided by carrier to reset the VPN???

0 Kudos
Moosey
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: no internet coverage??

I have the same issue on my iPhone, it was working OK this morning but when I've just gone to the internet I am getting the message:

'Could not activate mobile data network

PDP authentication failure'

When I google that it is saying it is an issue with the carrier...is there an issue with it at the moment?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Data is also down at GU24 postcode area, working OK at GU2 area
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

We're aware of a fault with Mobile Data currently. Our team are hard at work to get this sorted as soon as possible.

In the meantime, try and reboot your phones to make sure that your fault isn't related to the ongoing issues.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gazman72
Tuning in
Message 5 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be an issue in Glasgow as well.  No data access on my Xperia Z since about 11am this morning.  Tried restarting the phone etc but to no avail.....

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be a widespread problem, as am in BH postcodes.Others report loss in much wider areas, seems nationwide?

Done several re-boots at 30 minute intervals, but still no internet here.!!

Bit of a pain in the butt having to find a computer to log into forum to see what's going on.

Any updates from the official team please??

0 Kudos
dbg400
Joining in
Message 7 of 38
Flag for a moderator

It's been down at least since lunchtime in LS22/LS23 areas. I did get about a minute of connectivity after 5pm, but nothing since. Phone restarts haven't made any difference so far.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
shirleywhite
Dialled in
Message 8 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Lost internet and whatsapp this morning in CR0 area too. Took battery out - came back for a while. But now seems to have gone again.
0 Kudos
nigelr
Up to speed
Message 9 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic comms as ever from VM, once again demonstrating how they don't keep customers informed of widespread issues affecting many!  It's all about keeping it as hush hush as possible until people start asking.  I found out after asking on Twitter.  Three colleagues had no idea after checking online and one after calling the mobile team.

Mat_H wrote:

Hi all,

We're aware of a fault with Mobile Data currently. Our team are hard at work to get this sorted as soon as possible.

In the meantime, try and reboot your phones to make sure that your fault isn't related to the ongoing issues.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
dbg400
Joining in
Message 10 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Internet access came back around 20 minutes ago and has been stable so far. Hopefully a fix is in place.
0 Kudos