Menu
graham46
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

no coverage on the isle of man

Hi I spoke to a advisor yesterday about my trip to the isle of man and was told I would have coverage on my trip so set my service. Now I have arrived my phone will not coney to any network is there anything I can do?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no coverage on the isle of man

Hi graham46,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you have no coverage on the isle of man.

Our sincere apologies but it appears a mistake has been made and you've been given the wrong information. There is no coverage available on the isle of man according to our coverage checker.

You can check coverage using this tool here.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
manxlegs
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: no coverage on the isle of man

I live in Isle of Man , I use my Virgin Pay as you go sim card in my unlocked phone exclusively . It is a roaming destination . Virgin service piggy backs onto local service providers , either Sure or Manx ( telecom ) , coverage is mostly very good for calls, texts and data . Virgin website coverage tool is inaccurate and says no signal but that is incorrect . You have to turn on the roaming service with Virgin before going outside U.K . Texting is 8 p , voice calls are about 23 p ! Virgin costs are however cheaper than the local service providers as PAYG customers . Chris