Menu
innins
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

no 4G signal

i have currently a samsung galaxy s5 which for over a week i have had no 4G signal or 3G signal just a couple of bars but if connect to wifi my phone works . even when i travel to my work i have no signal . i have tried turning phone on and off and rebooting and nothing still no signal . what do i do 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: no 4G signal

Okay, mobile data isn't working. Can you still make phone calls?

Check in settings that mobile data is enabled and that preferred network type is set correctly (I.e. 'Auto'). Try reseating the sim card.

If you have access to another mobile try your sim card in that. If it still doesn't work (in more than one location) then your sim might have gone faulty - you can request a replacement sim via the helpline. You could also try a different sim card in your phone to see if that works. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI innins

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your 4G signal recently.

I've located your account to take a closer look and can see that you've spoken to our team about getting this issue resolved recently.

How did the new SIM card go? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
innins
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

can anybody respond still have no signal in gateshead . i have checked the EE Website and put my post code in and there are no problems in my area  . what do i do as i still have no signal and just have to use wifi to access my phone 

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Okay, mobile data isn't working. Can you still make phone calls?

Check in settings that mobile data is enabled and that preferred network type is set correctly (I.e. 'Auto'). Try reseating the sim card.

If you have access to another mobile try your sim card in that. If it still doesn't work (in more than one location) then your sim might have gone faulty - you can request a replacement sim via the helpline. You could also try a different sim card in your phone to see if that works. 

0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tried that still no signal anymore ideas
0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anybody from virgin answer my query as my signal is complete rubbish and cant use my phone unless i conect to wifi . I can text but soon as try and make a phone call the line is really bad .
0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does nobody from virgin respond on here need my mobile fixing as its not working
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

innins wrote:
Does nobody from virgin respond on here need my mobile fixing as its not working

This is mainly a customer to customer forum for mutual help. There is some input from Virgin from time to time.

Are you able to try another SIM in the phone to establish if it is the phone or the SIM that is at fault?

0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

cant put another sim in phone as anybody i no has differant size sim to me and still no signal

0 Kudos
innins
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

can somebody from virgin send me a new sim please because i still have no signal on phone please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI innins

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your 4G signal recently.

I've located your account to take a closer look and can see that you've spoken to our team about getting this issue resolved recently.

How did the new SIM card go? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide