Menu
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

new phone

ok. so i decided to leave my current supplier  o2 and order a phone through VM seeing as i already have 1 for my wife.i wanted the galaxy s7 edge. i ordered it without a problem only to be told 2 days later that i can't have it due to a failed credit check.. or so i was told.  but i can have a lower priced phone.. correct me if i'm wrong but if i fail a credit check then i fail it. seems not in VM's eyes.it turns out that i didn't actually fail the credit check, merely my score wasn't high enough to purchase the s7 edge.  considering i have my TV,internet and home phone, along with my wifes mobile phone all with Virgin i find this strange.  on further conversations with VM it turns out that because i only got my wifes phone at xmas as a present i hadn't had a contract for 6 months with 6 months of on time payments to be able to get another phone on contract... NOT EXACTLY FAILING A CREDIT CHECK, IS IT!!!....Oh   by the way.. ive never missed a payment and always been on time with everything else i pay to Virgin... Maybe you need to look at the way you do business with current customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new phone

Hi Ricky599,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the credit check. I'll be happy to explain why you were offered a different handset. Our phones are grouped together in certain classes. Which means the newest iPhones and Samsungs are placed in the highest cred it class. If a credit check fails when you tried to order the Samsung, that doesn't mean you're not eligible for different handsets.

Our freestyle contracts are effectively a loan agreement which is potentially one of the reasons the check has failed.

If you want to explore this further, feel free to send me a PM and I can provide you with some additional info.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ricky599
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: new phone

Thanks for the reply Matt.

You fail to see that i didn't actually fail the credit check, although initially VM's staff say i did... merely i didn't have a mobile account open long enough..6months in VM's terms of payments on time. If VM had done a credit check then it would have shown up on my credit file. And it hasn't.

If i had wanted a lower priced/standard of phone then i would have asked for one!

do i want to PM you so you can explain why i was offered a lower rated phone. No thanks because there's no point in explaining why VM can't get their act together and come out with some B/S excuse for not looking after their customers. And by the way. o2 have offered me the s7 edge on a better contract if i stay with them and i had no problems passing THEIR credit check.

0 Kudos