Menu
debz000
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

network issues constantly

I am having trouble with all 3 of my family mobiles,no signal unable to make calls send texts etc whats going on??? i have just renewed my contract but seriously having doubts as to staying with VM if this issue isn't fixed soon. anyone shed any light on this for me I'm in Northampton.

0 Kudos
David63
Superfast
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: network issues constantly

I am having the same issues its. Joke
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, it's now gone far beyond a joke David, 

Poor service from VM in EVERY department, 

Fobbed off by the jokingly named 'customer service' , passed from department to department before being 'cut off' , broken promises, continual silence from the staff here regarding the 'truth' behind the abysmal service provided by VM on all fronts, not just mobile..

Customer services have actually lied to me over the phone, more than once....

No, sadly it has gone FAR, FAR, beyond a joke....

After the 'fiasco' with the 'upgraded' mobile accounts site, ('downgrade' more like), my mobile signal drops, returns, goes missing, and now my works phone on Orange, with a 3g signal loads pages faster, and has a better signal than my VM phone on H signal.... 3 days with full signal, but no mobile internet...

Very very disappointed with the whole of the VM structure at present....Broadband, phone, 

As said in a previous post, VM management don't care, all they are after is volume sales, profits, and groth figures, stuff the fact they are rated WORST for just about EVERY category in reports....

David63
Superfast
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I could not have put it better myself. Its absolutely disgusting!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi debz000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear all 3 mobiles have no signal.

I've looked at the EE mast checker system and they've not had any mast faults reported in the past 72 hours. All the signals are rated at 'Good' and above. There are also no known faults in the past 7 days for your area too.

Have you tried restarting the phones? Are you able to confirm if the service is working again please?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
debz000
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

yes tried restarting , service is very erratic , never had this kind of trouble before, I'm constantly having to rejoin the network, texts fail to send and i can't receive calls half the time, basically feels like a waste of my money. i'm still in the grace period for my new contract, if it doesn't improve I'm gone...

0 Kudos
Magz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, I don't wish to sound rude to the guy trying to help but this isn't an isolated case, a number of people in various areas (including myself and my daughter) are complaining of the same issues but we are all being fobbed off with the 'the network is fine' line, the network clearly isn't fine when many people are experiencing the same problems!!

Yes I'm sure we have all tried turning off our phones etc, I've even bought a brand new handset and got a new sim and yet the problem persists.

If this isn't taken seriously and dealt with I suspect Virgin will lose a fair few customers, sad thing is that Virgin don't seem to care given that they dont believe there's an issue anyway!

David63
Superfast
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes you definatly arent Lone the issues arent fixed im off aswell. All you have to do is look at the reviews not one person has a good word to say about the service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi debz000,

Thanks for keeping us updated. This is obviously not what I wanted to hear.

There are no further checks I can perform over the forum. Please contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other handset and they'll be able to advise further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Debz000,

How did you get on with this?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos