Menu
steve3168
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

nasty letter concerning unlimited data tariff

6. Fair Usage: If your Contract Allowance provides unlimited data access within the UK this will be subject to a fair use limit of 3GB. If we think your use is excessive or that you are abusing the service we may ask you to moderate your usage and/or we reserve the right to charge you for the excessive element of your usage at the standard out of bundle data rate.

I was not informed of the above fair usage policy and thought unlimited meant unlimited, So why wasn't i asked to moderate my usage instead of receiving a nasty letter giving me two options... one to cancel with 30 days notice or the second option to pay my usual monthly price for a lesser service. ie: only 1gb of data instead of my usual unlimited data allowance, and anything above 1gb of data would be charged £1 per day

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: nasty letter concerning unlimited data tariff

I use EE (of which VM use) & have unlimited internet on my phone but have a 500Mb allowance so asked EE to clarify, they told me the unlimited referred to email & browsing & the allowance was for tethering & downloading. I would think that as you menion you have an unlimited data but also a 3Gb allowance that VM have the same practice.

If I reach the limit I can still access the internet & email on my phone but not tether or download.

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I afraid that's not how it works.  VM do not allow tethering at all. The "unlimited" descriptor means that you don't incur charges for going over a set limit. The 3gb is an arbitrary and rather low fair-usage threshold. Regardless of your plan, if you use more data than this, you are throttled back to the lowest 3G speed available.

0 Kudos
steve3168
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't mind being throttled back and I wouldn't have minded if I'd have had some sort of warning that I was using more than the allowed data, but I wasn't and instead got a letter basically asking me to cancel
0 Kudos