Menu
ngandy111
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

my phone wont send picture messages

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 and an unlimited talk text and data but my phone still wont send picture messages.. I've tried a few things I read online to no success... Please help
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: my phone wont send picture messages

Have you checked that you have the correct apn set?
That's assuming you are getting a Internet or wifi connection, that mobile data is switched on in settings
Oh your setting may be a little different but the user manual will help

Name — Virgin Media Mobile Internet
APN — goto.virginmobile.uk
Proxy — Not Set
Port — Not Set
Username — user
Password — Not Set
Server — Not Set

MMSC — http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy — 193.030.166.002
MMS port — 8080
MCC — 234
MNC — 30
Authentication type — PAP
APN type — internet + mms
Press the Menu key.
Touch Save.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: my phone wont send picture messages

Hi ngandy111,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are unable to send picture messages from your Nokia Lumia 635. It's great to see that J0hn has given you detailed advice about this issue. Is this working for you now? Are you able to receive MMS? Also, if you are on a PAYG tariff, you need to make sure that you have at least a minimum balance of £1.35 in order to send an MMS.

If you are still having problems, please see the following website from our Help pages: Phone Settings for Nokia Lumia 635 and then set up Picture Messaging.

If you are still having a problem with this, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) in order to speak to our Mobile Tech team so we can find out what's causing the problem. 

Please keep us posted how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos