Menu
amos47
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

monthly contract

Hi

I have a 24 month virgin mobile phone contract for my iphone 4S that doesnt end until at least Jan/Feb 2016. I am looking at buying a new iphone out right but would i be able to swap my sim for a smaller one to use with a Iphone 6 and just use the rest of my contract out before then changing to a sim only contract?

Look forward to hearing from you

Many Thanks

Joanna Amos

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: monthly contract

you can swap your sim - ring and they will send you a change over one - it should be free although they have been known to try and charge a fiver - send a couple of texts when you get it to de activate the ols sim and activate the new one

but before doing that look at the sim you have - you may have one that the nano will break out of the micro sized sim - if you have then just do that and put it in the new phone

just make sure the new phone is unlocked or on EE/VM

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can swap your sim - ring and they will send you a change over one - it should be free although they have been known to try and charge a fiver - send a couple of texts when you get it to de activate the ols sim and activate the new one

but before doing that look at the sim you have - you may have one that the nano will break out of the micro sized sim - if you have then just do that and put it in the new phone

just make sure the new phone is unlocked or on EE/VM

Tony
0 Kudos
amos47
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony
Yes the sim is sitting inside a black thing i presume this will then pop out and then all i will need to do is put it in iphone 6. Thats great. Thanks for your help.
Joanna
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The black thing would be a sim adapter, they are not recommended anymore as people have had problems with them, saying that, we have 3 sims at home using the adapters and never had any problems yet
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos