Menu
the-tick
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

monthly charge more than doubled no upgrade offer

My bill has gone from £17 to £39 per month (assuming the 2 years have passed)<br><br>Nothing to explain why and no offer of a new phone.<br><br>Not too impressed Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
imogene
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: monthly charge more than doubled no upgrade offer

have you checked your bill? have they applied two charges for your package by mistake? it could be an error rather than an actual increase..

worth phoning up and getting a cheaper deal though if your 24 month contract has run out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi The-tick,

It's not good to hear that your bill has doubled. We want to find out what's happened here Smiley Happy

So we can get to the bottom of this for you, give our excellent team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll find out what's going on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
the-tick
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So......i contacted CS about an upgrade due to the hike in price...

"oh yes you can get an upgrade" "what are you after"

I'd like the LG G3 please

"unlimited mins,unlimited text, 3gb data with the LG G3 for £27"

oh cool yeah lets go for that

"that's all done and is being dispatched to you for tomorrow"

Great thank you

I receive my email about dispatch.....LG G3s.....WHAT!!!

I call CS to ask what's happened is there an error

Yes a "human error" we can't offer you the LG G3 at that price

so why was I told I can and it was all done

I don't know there's been a "human error"

So now I have an old Nexus 4 that's on it's last legs after over 2 years of service, a £38 per month bill for that, no upgrade as the LG G3s WILL bw sent back.

I've been with Virgin Mobile when it was only PAYG, bills always paid on time loyal customer.....human error.....

Will be calling to terminate my mobile service with Virgin and will go mobile free

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey the-tick

I'm really sorry to learn about this error, we're always working hard to keep our customers as happy as possible so it's disappointing to hear we've let you down.

The community are here if you need any assistance with your new device, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
the-tick
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Now had the LG G3s and refused delivery as instructed by virgin mobile, so I can finally order a LG G3....

....this was saturday.....Yodel STILL have the LG G3s...and until that's returned to you I can't carry on with my order !!!

Is there an address I can write to as this shows too many weak links in the supply chain.

0 Kudos
the-tick
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So my troubles continue....

After being told I can order as soon as the LG G3s gets returned on Friday 6th the date of the original order.

Then I refuse the order as instructed on Saturday the 7th. (funny how it can take less that 24hr to get to me but 6 days to get back)

I ring after being told to on Friday 6th to ring Monday 9th (to order the LG G3) then told it wasn't back so I've called everyday to find out.

Today (Thursday 12th) I ring and the LG G3s is finally back with you......great time to order the LG G3.....no I can't as apparently it's a tarrif change and I now have to wait until the 18th before I can get an upgrade that's 3 months overdue and from my first call on 9th it will have taken (save any extra issues) 10 days to sort this out, and 11 days till I will have the LG G3.

At no point was I informed previously that there would be a date clause in obtaining the upgrade.

I'm fed up of being told so many different things by so many different people at customer services.

Both times I've upgraded I've had problems, been with virgin mobile for 15 years now and rapidly getting dismayed with the lack of consistency and coherent customer service.

I need an email or postal address to register my experience.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi thetick.

I'm really sorry about this. i want to help get this all sorted for you as soon as possible. I've sent you a PM so we can get on the case.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
the-tick
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry I've not replied to the PM but I am STILL trying to resolve this via customer services, it still isn't resolved and now i have to ring back again on Wednesday to talk to a manager.

moving to 3 seems like such a good choice right now.....LG G3 with unlimited everything inc 4G service for £36......

exactly 1 month to the day from the original botched order by virgin mobile.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi The-tick,

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with this. What was the latest communication from the team regarding the problem?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos