Menu
angeltop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

mobile

please can anyone offer any advice. two days ago had to switch my phone off when i switched it back  on it says no service. tried to get through t virgin and they say i cannot answer the swcurity questions. have tried to change my password but virgin send a link to my phone ...which is not working. to keep me sane any help appreciated. thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile

Hi angeltop,

so your phone was working fine, had signal / made calls two days ago when you turned it off?

Are you on p.a.y.g or contract – is your account upto date?

Have you tried turning it off & on again? This should make it search for a network.
You could try removing the battery whilst the phone is turned on, then replace it & turn the phone back on, This act will reboot the phone.

Are you able to go into the phone settings & manually select a network?

Hopefully one of these simple fix’s may work,
Good luck.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

angeltop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alex, thank you for your reply. its my own phone but i have a monthy contract with Virgin all payment up to date, tried the on/off. phone is iphone6 only a couple of months old, dont think i can get to the battery. it may be going against the wall very soon. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

before you throw it against a wall Smiley LOL

you could also try taking the SIM card out & putting it back again, then turn on the phone.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

angeltop
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alex, thanks again for reply. Tried it still no joy...joy ha. Virgin no help won't let me through security, asked me which bank the dad came from and then told me....wrong answer. Funny it shows up on my statement every month. I have even tried the reset system thingy and that didn't work either. Oh woe is me.☹️

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello again angeltop,

I'm sorry that none of the simple ideas worked . I don't own an Apple device so can't offer any further personal suggestions.

However a quick Google of "iPhone 6 no signal" brings up loads of results which suggests that it's quite a common problem.

You could have a look yourself & see if you can find a cure. THIS would seem to be the response from Apple.

If you have any joy, post back. It may help others searching this forum.

Good luck,

angeltop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Alex, thank you for all your replies. Today husband had 'bright' idea of swopping my SIM card into his iphone3 to see if it worked...it did. He replaced the SIM card back into my phone and yippee it's working again.  Now thinks he could get a job on the Genius Bar in Apple.  lol

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

good old hubby'. Pleased everything is finally working for you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos