Menu
hasky2111
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mobile virgin slow speed of internet

Hi

I just spoke so many times with customers service about my problem. They start with change my sim card for new one and nothing change. Nobody is able to help me with a problem. I'm paying VIP tariff which cost me 50 pounds every month. I'm a truck driver and I need internet connection so bad. I have done speed test on my phone and I'll have download speed 0.05 Mbps but upload 0.01!!!

What I can do to speed up my internet speed on my mobile?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile virgin slow speed of internet

Move to a different provider, Virgin 3G network has quality of service issues, meaning it's a sim provision issue they candy or won't resolve, it's an ongoing couple of years issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hasky2111,

Thank you for coming in and posting welcome in.

I can imagine when you're trucking, you don't have time to stop and use the WiFiand when you do it's to eat or to sleep after a long days drive.

The mobile data you have should be able to keep up with your needs but there may be times where the signal can depreciate through the country but not all the time.

I would like to ask if you're seeing this when you're stationary and maybe aware of any moments where you've exceeded your data?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
hasky2111
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have VIP tariff that means unlimited data. Slow internet is all the time when I use mobile data. Situation is bit change wnen I use wi fi works much better.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi hasky2111,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry that you are still experiencing issues with your mobile data connection. Thank you for letting us know that the WiFi connection works better for you.

If the mobile data connection speed is slow every time you connect to your mobile data, then we need to look into what's causing this--more specifically:

Please let me know how these checks go for you. If all of these do not make a difference, we will need to look into replacing your SIM card. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
SAMBOLINA
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes I to have VIP package

I have extremely slow if any internet coverage and signal seems to come and go as it pleases.

i have just had an upgrade and a phone fix apparently everything was upgraded and rebooted to 100% performance yet today I have no signal and can't even play a video on FB its very poor.

Our broadband coverage at home is the same and we have a super hub ?????? 

Should we change provider ? Is there any provider that guaranties a consistent speedy service ?

HELP PLEASE 

sam

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited data is not all that it seems. Virgin's fair usage policy will slow you down when you reach 3.5GB. This may be your problem.

Check your speed at the beginning of the charging cycle and see what you get.

0 Kudos