Menu
happychappy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

mobile sim up and running. can connect to home internet but cannot connect to internet on the go

Hi, received my virgin one month contract sim, I can connect to my home router and have internet, but i cannot get internet on the go, please help. Pete

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mobile sim up and running. can connect to home internet but cannot connect to internet on the go

hiya @happychappy & pete, would need a bit more info, eg make/model of the phone, can you make calls using the new sim card?
here is all the manual settings needed -> http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/virgin-apn-settings

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mobile sim up and running. can connect to home internet but cannot connect to internet on the go

just to check can you make calls, or send txt messages?
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

May be a couple of dumb questions - but are you subscribed to a tariff that gives you data? Is mobile data turned on?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you can't get any internet outside of your house.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. Please take a look at a guide for your handset here. It will tell you how to turn on/off mobile data.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @happychappy & pete, would need a bit more info, eg make/model of the phone, can you make calls using the new sim card?
here is all the manual settings needed -> http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/virgin-apn-settings

happychappy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, yeah tried the settings  but still no luck, my phone is a Sony Xperia Tipo (st21i) and although it shows up on the geek squad website, it doesn't show up on the Virgin mobile site under 'find your phone'.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

just to check can you make calls, or send txt messages?
happychappy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks, yes everything working as it should be, incoming and outgoing messages and calls from anywhere, home and on the go but only getting internet on my mobile when I'm at home.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

May be a couple of dumb questions - but are you subscribed to a tariff that gives you data? Is mobile data turned on?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you can't get any internet outside of your house.

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far. Please take a look at a guide for your handset here. It will tell you how to turn on/off mobile data.

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
happychappy
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yippee, thanks to everyone involved with my problem, I now have internet on the go.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi happychappy,

Glad to hear this is all sorted for you now.

If you need us in future just get back to us.

Many thanks.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos