Menu
eileenallison
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

mobile sim...can i change plan

hi wonder if someone can help, i have a sim only plan for £5.00 per month, have in the last few months went over on the data and calls through no fault of my own as virgin are taking forever to reconnect my services...too long a story to go into, anyway its costing a fortune with having to buy dongles for data, or giffgaff topups, saw today there is a sim only plan for the same said£5.00 with 1gb... would i be able to do a straight swap over, or is there something i am missing, thanks in advance for any help, eileen

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: mobile sim...can i change plan

You should be able to change the plan via you web account on the virgin website or by calling 789 from the phone.

0 Kudos
trev747
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good luck with trying to change via your account online ... This option does not work - it has to be done via CS on 789
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should be able to change the plan via you web account on the virgin website or by calling 789 from the phone.

0 Kudos
eileenallison
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

simpplan.jpgthis is where i saw it on friday, unfortunately i haveused up my data plan that started on 8th of this month, so now using vodaphone dongle. my services should be connected on 19th of this month, have a ceo email address, she helped me out last time, thinking of emailing her to let her know the hassle i have had trying to get services transferred to new property, first they have permission to install, then they dont have it, then i send them the permission letter i have, then they say form was never filled in with them, oh yes it was twice, then again with last operator i spoke to, then ok we will connect you on 19th september, they already knew all this before the supposed instal on 19th aug, been waiting since july, pop up tent in oxford the other day for students i know in a property no cable or sky in property they will be up and running monday...........

0 Kudos
trev747
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good luck with trying to change via your account online ... This option does not work - it has to be done via CS on 789
0 Kudos
VinnieBoy
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tried to change my plan to get the 4G 30 day sim at £1 less than my current plan. Despite the web site telling me it easy to change my plan, every month if I want to, this is not true. The web site is, as usual, rubbish. So I phoned Virgin and the first person told me that if I wanted a 4G sim I had to have a new number. I asked to speak to somebody else and was put onto customer services, who said that information was wrong and put me onto the upgrades department. I spent ages with them as they asked me several times for all my personal information and bank information etc etc. Telling me I couldn't do this and I had to do that, getting absolutely nowhere except frustrated, so I abandoned the idea of the upgrade.

How is it that when Virgin want you to pay more, all they do is change the Direct Debit and send you a letter. When I want to pay £1 less I get more inquisitions than trying to take out a mortgage on Buckingham Palace.

0 Kudos