Menu
Jonolen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone

Had a mobile with Virgin -got trashed - still got money on it £4.15p,

Got new mobile with virgin -Topped up account and all fine,

can I transfer the money from old trashed phone to new mobile -its  a different number- but has same account number ??? cant find anything on site to cancel one phone and transfer money

tried to phone but no luck so far?????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone

Hi Jonloen.

this isn't something that you can do yourself in your online account.

However it used to be something that that was easy to accomplish with a quick call to customer services on 789 provided that both numbers were in the same account.

Unfortunately since VM "upgraded" it's mobile system some time back part of the upgrade seemed to involve making this simple action much harder.

The last time I called, I was given varying answers such as: "we have to put a request in now" or "it takes 48 to 72 hours" or simply "no".

At which point I gave up Smiley Frustrated .

I would have thought though that if you are lucky enough to have your call answered by the right person it should still be something which they are able to accomplish.

If you decide to call and ask, let us know how you get on. Good luck Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Jonolen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone

Thanks AlexKid- Logged in again to VM and surprise to find now no money on old phone No  but not trs to new ? how odd is that!

Think I write a personnel letter to the boss (Probably busy in a balloon somewhere) -but not really worth it for £4 - Will now phone them sometime and get old phone No deleted off

my account  Ce La Vie - J

0 Kudos