Menu
thycan1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

mobile phone repair

sent my phone off to be repaired because the mic wasn't working, it is still in warranty, the phone is in perfect condition apart from a little dent at the bottom of the casing (did this the 2nd day i had it) in fact you hardly notice it,some would call it cosmetic 

got a call from virgin media (not mobile) telling me that they cant repair it under warranty because of the dent(its the manufacturers guide lines apparently) and if i want it repaired i will have to pay £174

the part thats needed cost less than a fiver and if i pay my phone off it will only cost me £112 i have been a loyal customer of virgin for some time and i have heard some bad stories about them but i have never experienced it for myself, to say that i am angry is an under statement, i tried phoning never got anywhere, no one has called me back dont know when i am getting my phone back as i told them i am not paying £174 not had a call since last week     

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: mobile phone repair

Hi thycan1,

I'm sorry to hear that your phone repair has been rejected by our repair centre due to damage on the handset. 

If you disagree with the conclusion of our repair centre, you do have the option of seeking a second opinion from the manufacturer directly.

I can check on the handset return for you, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos